I received the following wise words from someone via email. I have no idea who the original author may be, but want to share this with the world. Imagine what life could be like if all of us would apply all 36 ideas to our lives! Even applying some of them will bring more health and happiness.
A GUIDE FOR LIVING
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow ON trees and plants and eat
less food that is manufactured IN plants..
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Play more games & Read more books than you did in 2011 .
6. Have more sex than you did in 2011
7. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
8. Sleep at least 7 hours.
9. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
10. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their
journey is all about.
11. Don't have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest
your energy in the positive present moment.
12. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
13. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
15. Dream more while you are awake.
16. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
17. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/her
mistakes in the past, that will ruin your present happiness.
18. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
19. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
20. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
21. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away
but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
22. Smile and laugh more.
23. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree..
24. Call your family often.
25. Each day give something good to others.
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. Spend time with people over the age of 70, and under the age of 6.
28. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will.
Stay in touch.
31. Do the right thing!
32. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
33. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
35. The best is yet to come...
36. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Above all: Have hope and faith. Believe that you have a purpose and pray for guidance.